Volkswagen Winter Maintenance Tips in Hagerstown, MD
Is your Volkswagen prepared for safe and reliable winter travels after a long, hot summer in conditions known to cause rapid component degradation? If not, winter maintenance takes care of essential components needing to be at their best in winter’s freezing temperatures and slick roads. Our certified technicians provide local Volkswagen owners with top-quality winter maintenance service. We install OEM-certified parts and fluids backed by a Volkswagen warranty. Continue reading about certified winter maintenance services and schedule an appointment if we can help at Sheehy Volkswagen of Hagerstown, serving Robinwood, Funkstown, Waynesboro, and Falling Waters, MD.
Certified Volkswagen Winter Maintenance Services
Getting your car ready for the summer is not that difficult. Just check out a few critical areas of your vehicle to ensure that they are in working order. Here's what to look for:
- HVAC Inspection: An HVAC system at peak performance ensures warmth and safety in freezing temperatures. Winter maintenance should include a thorough HVAC system inspection, including the defrost, heater, steering wheel warmer, and seat warmers.
- Windshield Wiper Blades: Windshield wiper blades have a maximum 1-year life and should be replaced sooner if damaged or leaving heavy streaks. Always check and replace the windshield wiper blades as needed for winter maintenance.
- Brakes Inspection: Slick roads raise the safety stakes for your vehicle’s braking system. Winter maintenance should include a thorough, 4-wheel brake system inspection, including the pads, rotors, fluid, hardware, lines, and calipers.
- Battery Testing: Summer heat causes faster battery degradation, and freezing temperatures cause poor electrical performance. Winter readiness battery testing ensures peak reliability as temperatures change. Get battery replacement service if the old battery fails electrical testing.
- Tire Inspection: Icy roads demand tires with sufficient tread depth and traction. Be sure to inspect the tires thoroughly by checking for irregular wear, measuring the tread depth, and increasing air pressure to specifications.
- Antifreeze Check: Your Volkswagen needs antifreeze to prevent the engine from freezing this winter. Be ready for freezing weather by checking the antifreeze condition, level, and change interval. Replenish to capacity and get exchange service if contaminated or at the recommended interval.
- Roadside Emergency Assistance Kit: Volkswagen recommends carrying a roadside emergency assistance kit at all times. Contact us for assistance securing a genuine OEM kit from the accessories department.
Schedule Winter Maintenance Service at Sheehy Volkswagen of Hagerstown
Are you ready to winterize your Volkswagen with a certified winter maintenance service? If so, you can schedule your appointment online or by phone. The online service scheduler is always ready to book service appointments as fast as you enter the pertinent information. You can also call the service department during regular hours to schedule an appointment.
Complimentary Amenities at Sheehy Volkswagen of Hagerstown
Sheehy Volkswagen of Hagerstown offers the best VW service around -- and you will get the VIP treatment while you're here! You can make your appointment online, or give us a call to set up a time to visit our service center.
- Certified Technicians
- Genuine OEM Parts
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Comfortable Waiting Area